пятница, 21 сентября 2012 г.

'I haven't time to do my job' THE HEALTH VISITOR.(News) - Sunday Mirror (London, England)

NORMA Dudley has been a health visitor for 27 years - yet she's never been so stressed.

The number of health visitors in Waltham Forest, North-East London, where she's based has fallen by 40 per cent in the last eight years - increasing her workload dramatically.

Instead of all babies having a review at eight months, it is just those in vulnerable families or on the child protection register.

Already there have been delays detecting cases of rickets, poor diet and post-natal depression.

Norma, 56, said: 'I have never felt anxiety about my work like I do now. When you do home visits, you can pick up very complex health, social and emotional family issues. But I don't have time to follow them up.'

CAPTION(S):

Anxious... Norma